DocuMentors has generously offered to have one OneHeadlightInk.com reader attend this valuable workshop on scholarship!
Anna Darrah and Jilann Spitzmiller will be co-teaching a film distribution workshop on Saturday, Feb 13th from 9am-5pm at The Hotel Santa Fe, Kiva Room C, on 1501 Paseo de Peralta, Santa Fe, NM 87501.
How to Sell Your Film – A Comprehensive Film Distribution Workshop is an industry-level, content packed day, and a great investment in current distribution knowledge for NM filmmakers.
Find out all about the workshop here.
To register to win your free seat in the workshop email your name, contact information and a one paragraph pitch about yourself, your background and aspirations in filmmaking to email@example.com.
Open to New Mexico residents only. One winner will be selected and notified on Friday, February 5.
To reserve your seat now click here. Documentors is also offering a $30 discount to OneHeadlightInk readers. Just enter discount code 30DISTRIB when signing up!
THE WORKSHOP WILL COVER:
• How to Identify & Find Your Core, Paying Audience
• How to Stay in a Position of Power throughout the Distribution Process
• Windows and Rights- Learn What to Sell and When, including Theatrical, Semi-theatrical, SVOD, TVOD, VOD, Broadcast, Educational & DVD (yes, it still exists)
• The Players in the Distribution Field – Companies and Titles
• How to Budget for Distribution
• Must-have Marketing Tools & Branding
• Digital Platforms and How to Get Them to Carry Your Film
• Deliverables and Costs for Different Platforms, Windows and Markets
• Getting Into and Navigating Film Festivals, Markets and Forums
• Selling & Pitching at Markets and Forums
• Contracts & Terms
• Negotiating Contracts in Your Favor
• What Rights You Must Keep
• Broadcast Sales, including Navigating the PBS System
• Opportunities in Non-traditional Theatrical and Semi-Theatrical Distribution
• Corporate Sponsorships & Grants for Distribution & Outreach
• DIY Educational Distribution
• Monetizing Grassroots & Activist Distribution
• Finding and Working with Niche Distributors
• Creating and Working with Affiliate Partners for Maximum Reach & Profits
• Insurance and Legal Issues