Posted by ©Sindication
on November 2, 2011 | Comments Off
As we told you here, the world of New Mexico daytime television was recently on the hunt for a new Good Day New Mexico show host. Now that search has landed a new name on the growing list of local celebrity, and that name is Albuquerque native, Irene Estrada.
“Irene got her start in the entertainment industry as a teenager when luck would have it, Rhythm and Blues pioneer Bo Diddley moved in across the street and soon became her mentor. Irene began writing and recording original songs in Bo’s studio as well as performing as a back-up dancer for his live shows.
After graduating from Rio Grande High School, Irene decided to fulfill her life’s dream of working in the entertainment industry and in 1994 moved to Los Angeles where she worked at MCA Records, Priority Records and with Diane Warren’s publishing company Realsongs. During that time she had the amazing opportunity to work with such greats as Randy Jackson from American Idol, members of the R&B group Kool & The Gang, as well as the Jackson Family.
In 2001 Irene took her talents to Paris where she had the opportunity to write songs which appeared on major label album releases for several European artists.
Wanting to be close to her family, in 2004 Irene returned to the Land of Enchantment and chose to further her career by obtaining a Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree from the University of New Mexico. Since her return Irene has worked at Univision and appeared in several major film productions including Bordertown featuring Jennifer Lopez and Doubting Thomas [¿Odd Thomas?]. She has also appeared in the hit TV show In Plain Sight and in a regional commercial for Blockbuster. In 2010, Irene combined her collective experience and began writing, directing, producing and hosting her own mini webisodes, titled “New Mexico Revealed”, a variety show focused on local attractions.”
We can all catch-up with our new hostess on the New Mexico “Lifestyle” show weekdays at 11 a.m. on KOB-TV. Welcome to the NM airwaves Irene.
Posted by ©Sindication
on August 16, 2011 | Comments Off
Wanna be a KOBer? Got media savvy? Journalistic prowess? Host skills?
We know one of our favorite local stations is minus at least one well-known investigative reporter. Now that job and many more are up for grabs at our local NBC affiliate.
Keep it local New Mexico and apply your skills to these openings at KOB-TV.
Including but not limited to SHOW HOST:
The Host of Good Day New Mexico (GDNM) is the primary presenter for the daily television show. The Host is responsible for interviewing guests and assisting with the production of segments of the daily television (TV) show.
1. Prepares and effectively presents segments needed for the daily show, Good Day New Mexico. Segments reflect a high level of professionalism, integrity and creativity, consistent with the GDNM brand and image. Learns as much about the segment and subject as possible prior to taping of segments. Consistently meets show and clients standards.
2. Participates with other staff members to suggest and pursue segments, prepare scripts and assist with final edits for segments ensuring segments meet standards and are accurate.
3. Obsessively reads, surfs, watches and listens to a variety of information sources to learn about clients’ products and services and additional marketing techniques and strategies. Shares knowledge and applies what is learned while working.
4. Conducts “pre-interviews” on the telephone with guests appearing on the show. Consults with Executive Producer with pre-interview results. Makes necessary changes if needed and communicate changes.
5. Conducts clear and informative on-camera interviews and/or presentations with guests in person and via satellite. Ability to address a multitude of subjects and change subjects and topics quickly with no notice during interviews and presentations. Always ready to discuss relevant topics during segment interviews.
6. Maintains appropriate standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming.
7. Makes frequent public appearances as required to help promote the station and show. These appearances may be scheduled in the evenings and on weekends.
8. Provides leadership by example. Acts in a professional manor at all times and treats co-workers, viewers, clients, guests, and the public with respect. Maintains professional behavior, as Host is a highly visible position within the station as well as in the public.
9. Contributes to the overall team effort and provides the show with the best possible local TV. Works in a team environment with a variety of people, including but not limited to producers, sales staff, photographer, production assistants, co-hosts, clients and management. Collaborates constructively with team members to develop and move the show in a positive direction, increasing viewers and station revenues.
10. Accept and follow the direction and constructive criticism from the show’s Executive Producer and other senior management as well as consultants.
11. Maintains regular, predictable attendance. Works all show hours as determined by Executive Producer and or management in order to complete segments and daily show. Most schedules are available 24 hours in advance of the production. Hours can vary from day to day and may include overnight trips to other parts of New Mexico including satellite stations of KOBR (Roswell, NM) and KOBF (Farmington, NM).
12. Meets all deadlines.
13. Honors terms of contract with the station.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
FULL DESCRIPTION AND HOW TO APPLY HERE!