Wanna be a KOBer? Got media savvy? Journalistic prowess? Host skills?
We know one of our favorite local stations is minus at least one well-known investigative reporter. Now that job and many more are up for grabs at our local NBC affiliate.
Keep it local New Mexico and apply your skills to these openings at KOB-TV.
Including but not limited to SHOW HOST:
The Host of Good Day New Mexico (GDNM) is the primary presenter for the daily television show. The Host is responsible for interviewing guests and assisting with the production of segments of the daily television (TV) show.
1. Prepares and effectively presents segments needed for the daily show, Good Day New Mexico. Segments reflect a high level of professionalism, integrity and creativity, consistent with the GDNM brand and image. Learns as much about the segment and subject as possible prior to taping of segments. Consistently meets show and clients standards.
2. Participates with other staff members to suggest and pursue segments, prepare scripts and assist with final edits for segments ensuring segments meet standards and are accurate.
3. Obsessively reads, surfs, watches and listens to a variety of information sources to learn about clients’ products and services and additional marketing techniques and strategies. Shares knowledge and applies what is learned while working.
4. Conducts “pre-interviews” on the telephone with guests appearing on the show. Consults with Executive Producer with pre-interview results. Makes necessary changes if needed and communicate changes.
5. Conducts clear and informative on-camera interviews and/or presentations with guests in person and via satellite. Ability to address a multitude of subjects and change subjects and topics quickly with no notice during interviews and presentations. Always ready to discuss relevant topics during segment interviews.
6. Maintains appropriate standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming.
7. Makes frequent public appearances as required to help promote the station and show. These appearances may be scheduled in the evenings and on weekends.
8. Provides leadership by example. Acts in a professional manor at all times and treats co-workers, viewers, clients, guests, and the public with respect. Maintains professional behavior, as Host is a highly visible position within the station as well as in the public.
9. Contributes to the overall team effort and provides the show with the best possible local TV. Works in a team environment with a variety of people, including but not limited to producers, sales staff, photographer, production assistants, co-hosts, clients and management. Collaborates constructively with team members to develop and move the show in a positive direction, increasing viewers and station revenues.
10. Accept and follow the direction and constructive criticism from the show’s Executive Producer and other senior management as well as consultants.
11. Maintains regular, predictable attendance. Works all show hours as determined by Executive Producer and or management in order to complete segments and daily show. Most schedules are available 24 hours in advance of the production. Hours can vary from day to day and may include overnight trips to other parts of New Mexico including satellite stations of KOBR (Roswell, NM) and KOBF (Farmington, NM).
12. Meets all deadlines.
13. Honors terms of contract with the station.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
FULL DESCRIPTION AND HOW TO APPLY HERE!